Best Robotic Lawn Mower – Top 5 Rankings Based on User Ratings
Save Time and Money – Stop Paying for Lawn Services
Stop paying for lawn services!! Why? Because lawn mower technology has officially evolved to new heights. Gone are the days of paying someone to maintain your lawn due to the advancement of the autonomous robotic lawn mower. Consequently, you will save money! Like a scene from the Jetsons, you can get delegate the chore of mowing your lawn to a robot. That’s right… we’ve all heard of robots that can vacuum your house, but now a robot can mow your lawn. Luckily, HowtoGardenLawn.com has found the best robotic lawn mower for you!
Wait… I’d Rather Mow Myself
Obviously, we support DIY lawn care! But, even if you mow your lawn yourself, you can still save time and money by programming a robot to keep your lawn perfectly manicured! A robotic mower runs extremely efficiently and on cleaner electric power. They also free up time for you to pursue other activities or garden projects.
Who Should Buy a Robotic Mower?
A robotic lawn mower is perfect for people with large or difficult lawns to maintain, homeowners who want consistent and frequent lawn mowing, environmentally conscious individuals (these gadgets are quiet, electronic, and eliminate the need for bagging lawn clippings), elderly homeowners, or anyone who simply wants to free up time and save money on long-term lawn care!
Generally, we are pretty traditional here at HowtoGardenLawn.com, but we can’t help but get excited about these machines. Can you tell? We scoured the internet for the best robotic lawn mower. We based our rankings according to actual user feedback. So, spare yourself from sweltering in the heat, kick back with a Long Island iced tea, and check out our list of the Top 5 best robotic lawn mowers! Best of all, a robotic lawn mower isn’t much more expensive than a high quality traditional lawn mower. Robotic mowers are certainly much cheaper than paying for weekly lawn service, and these lil’ droids have free shipping through Amazon!
#1 WORX WG794 28-volt Landroid Robotic Lawn Mower
- Fully programmed out of the box for easy set-up and use
- AIA technology allows Landroid to make intricate cuts and navigate narrow passages
- Landroid evenly mows inclines and declines up to 20-degrees
- Landroid uses shock sensor system to mow around obstacles
- Automatically returns to base in case of rain or for recharging battery, Cutting Height:1.6″” – 4″”, Cutting Height Positions:5, Max Cutting Surface:1/4 Acre
Pros: Price, appearance, quiet operation, fully programmable, automatic base return, can handle yards up to 10750 square feet.
Cons: May fully discharge battery and fail to return to base (requires manually charging battery), finicky rain sensor, limited incline capability
#2 Husqvarna 967622505 Automower 430X Robotic Lawn Mower
- Working area capacity (±20): 0.8 acre
- Battery type: Li-Ion
- Typical charging time: 65 min
- Sound level Measured: 57 dB(A)
Pros: Appearance, GPS navigation and tracking, large unit capable of 35,000 square feet, handles inclines up to 45%, adapts to lawn growth rate, smart phone connectivity, lithium ion battery, high cutting quality
Cons: Newer model so data is limited, minimal manufacturer tech support, separate installation kit required
#3 Robomow RS630 Robotic Lawn Mower
- Installation kit included.
- Base Station- Robomow is charged at the Base Station and stays there between operations. Robomow independently departs from the Base Station, cuts the lawn and returns for charging until the next operation.
- Slopes- Robomow can mow areas inside the working area with slopes of up to 36 %; Rain Sensor- Allows the user to choose whether or not Robomow will operate when sensing rain or High humidity.
- Multiple zones- Robomow can handle lawns with several zones and mow each one individually.
- Child Lock- This is a safety feature to help prevent children or others not familiar with the safe operation of Robomow from operating it.
Pros: Installation kit included, excellent customer service, smart phone connectivity, high quality grass cutting, capable of 36% incline, rain sensor, reliable automatic base return
Cons: A bit more expensive for more proven technology, requires accurate programming, some reported issues with motors failing
#4 Husqvarna 967623405 Automower 315 Robotic Lawn Mower
- Powerful performance handles rough terrain, step slopes, large and complex areas, heavy rain and is quiet enough to work at night.
- Delivers silent and emission free operation with a cutting capacity of 1/4 acre, and a perfect cut result.
- 3 Razor Sharp Pivoting Blades rotate to cut grass evenly and clean for a healthy cut each time.Working area capacity (±20)-1500 m² . Maximum incline within the working area -22 °
- Thanks to its unique cutting system, Automower works extremely discreet and quiet and just when you want.
Pros: Medium-sized capability (16,000 square feet), light-weight (20 lbs.), quiet operation, adapts to lawn growth rate, lithium ion battery, high cutting quality
Cons: Separate installation kit required (larger kit recommended), limited customer support
#5 McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower
- Fully Programmable and Easy to Install
- Cuts up to .25 acres of grass
- Cuts even on slopes with inclines up to 25%
- Virtually silent – run it at night and it won’t disturb the neighbors
- ROB comes with everything you need to install
- Operates on rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery for zero emissions
- Audible alarm to prevent theft
Pros: Price, includes installation kit, fully programmable, theft alarm, quiet operation,
Cons: Limited incline capability (25%), needs to be cleaned periodically, smaller device (capable of roughly 10,000 square feet)
Each robotic lawn mower is programmable and automatically returns to its base for charging. FYI, there is no need to bag clippings because these machines cut grass frequently and finely, so the clippings automatically return to your lawn as fertilizing agents. Take your time to research which features, size and capabilities best fit your needs. Remember, this is pretty new technology, so there will be some kinks to work out. Also, a robotic lawn mower requires a bit of up front work to install, but after that, you’re literally on auto-pilot!!
For more traditional lawn mowers rankings and reviews, check out:
We here at HowtoGardenLawn.com hope this information was entertaining and informative. Honestly, this may be one of the best gift ideas and coolest gadgets we’ve come across for a happy home owner. Happy shopping!